April 5, 2017 -- Five Things No One Warned Me About
- At eighteen, having a job, having money in my pocket, hanging out with friends, and meeting boys was great fun. However, staying in college and getting a degree really is more important.
- After a (very) brief stint working retail in the late 1970's, I learned that some people are animals. If there are no witnesses to hold them accountable, people do things in stores that can make you vomit.
- When I went to work on the night shift at a hospital, I quickly learned that stuff... weird stuff happens. The night tribe is a completely different breed, and they are beacons, if you will, to the other things/beings that come out after the sun goes down.
- Working with the night tribe is addictive. I met people and learned things about myself that I really like.
- Don't get too comfortable where you are in life or you'll stop taking chances.