February 15, 2017 - Seven Things To Do When You're Bored
- Barnes & Noble: We have an awesome store here in town. A person can wander around for hours and not spend a penny, though I usually do.
- See a movie at Springfield 11 Theater. They have reserved seating, recliners with drink holders, a full-service cafe, or you can have food "delivered" to your recliner. It's a bit pricey if you choose to take advantage of everything they offer, but it's fun.
- Patton Alley: A neighborhood bar that I love. Good food, live music, trivia nights, and fun people to hang out with.
- Dublin's Pass: This is one of my favorite places. We usually go to the one "down town" because it's the closest. The food is delicious and reasonably priced, same for their drinks, and the music is great. They have live music on Friday & Saturday nights. Also, it's right next door to...
- The Gillioz Theater: Fun hillbilly fact - the French pronunciation is zhee-ohs, but here in the Ozarks, we say gill-oy. Regardless of the name, there is something going on every night - A-list entertainers, movie festivals, The Mystery Hour - Springfield's own televised talk show, you name it. This is where I first saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show in 1975.
- The Discovery Center: This is a fun place, even if you don't have kids to use as beards. They have four floors of exhibits, most of them are interactive and a great place to spend an afternoon.
- Penny Dreadful: Fun, creepy, storyline, excellent special effects, beautiful people to drool over... what's not to love? All three seasons are on Netflix. A wonderful activity for a cold and dreary or empty wallet weekend!